Thursday, February 2, 2012

Demi-Glazed and Confused...

So I decided to make this recipe that I found in the Williams-Sonoma magazine. I always love their recipes, but never ever want to buy their cooking sauces (damn you David Chang, your Claypot Chicken looks delicious) because I feel like it’s cheating. So I decided, since I had my broth chilled, that I’d make a kind of demi glaze.

Basically, I took the jello like stock, about 1/3 cup and threw it in a tiny pan. I put it on low heat and just cooked it and cooked it and cooked it until it was thick and a little sticky and about 1 TBS worth of stuff.

The recipe was for Root Vegetables and Chicken and of course I tweaked it to make it my own. But it was super quick

4 Chicken Breasts, boneless

3 Turnips, finely diced

1 Parsnip, finely diced

2 Carrots, finely diced

2 cloves of Garlic, finely diced

¼ cup chicken stock

2 sprigs of Thyme, leaves removed from stems

Salt and pepper

Good Fresh Parmesan cheese

Season Chicken liberally with salt and pepper, in a skillet, heat olive oil and place the chicken. When bottoms are browned, flip and cook the other side; Cook chicken for roughly 10 minutes (or until insides are no longer pink, but still tender). Remove from heat and tent with tin foil.

Immediately place the turnips, parsnip and carrots into the skillet and being cooking. If the bottom of the skillet becomes dry, add a splash of chicken broth to it. Cover and cook the vegetables for about 8 minutes, until tender. Add garlic, renegade demi-glaze, broth and thyme. Cook an addition 2-3 minutes.

To serve, place the chicken breast over a bed of the root vegetables. Quickly grate a dusting of cheese over the chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment