Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Snozberries Taste Like Snozberries!

As I have said previously, we have had the extreme fortune to dine at all of Chef Achatz (pronounced like racket, without the R) restaurants. I will post more about my experience at Alinea at a later time, but I think this video as well as one point about our experience there is worth adding today.

Our dinner at Alinea was one of the most playful and fun dining experiences I have had to date. I can't tell you how many times my husband and I were in amazement or laughing at the sheer ludicrousness of what was plated. A perfect example, our fish course. Delicious razor clams and an oyster leaf covered in a mignonette. I opened my mouth and just burst into laughter. The tiny little rolled leaf tasted EXACTLY like an oyster. It was explained to us that the chef was in Scotland, and tried one of these Oyster Leaves and was shocked that it actually did taste like an oyster. And so he now has a farm in Ohio that grows them for him. This is just one of the 20 courses that we had at Alinea.











No comments:

Post a Comment